SELLING PROPERTY PRIVATELY
As property lawyers, we are happy to assist and advise clients who either buy or sell property privately. We can also assist you with the negotiations of the property sale and advise on property finance / bonds and other property transaction requirements.
Click here to download a sample sale agreement.
Contact Siobhan Perrigio on email@example.com for assistance with private property sales.
SELLING PROPERTY ON THE OPEN MARKET THROUGH ESTATE AGENTS
As property lawyers, we are happy to check any offers to purchase you may receive from an estate agent, and advise on the legalities of the sale agreement.
Contact Siobhan Perrigio on firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with sale agreements received from an estate agent.
BUYING OR SELLING COMMERCIAL PROPERTY
As property lawyers, we assist clients with the structuring of commercial property sale agreements to ensure that such property transactions are structured in a most tax efficient manner.
Contact Karien Hunter on email@example.com for assistance with buying or selling commercial property.
As property lawyers, we are attending to a number of developments which vary in size and scope.
We assist our developer clients in structuring property developments in a cost efficient manner, having regard to land and compliance issues.
We also advise on the formation of Home Owner’s Associations and compliance of the rules of existing Home Owners in relation to existing as well as new legislation, such as the Consumer Protection Act which will become law and which will also apply to Home Owners, as of the 1st of April 2011.
We are currently assisting with the following property developments:
- Arbour Village, Amanzimtoti
- The Hamptons, Amanzimtoti
SELLERS - Keys to Successfully Market and Sell Your Property
Select the right agent for your property and your area. At AMC Hunter Inc we deal with literally hundreds of estate agents in and around Durban. Give us a call and we will be able to assist you in the selection of the estate agent that will best serve your needs.
Do not give an etstate agent a sole mandate to sell your property without checking it out carefully. As part of the service we offer our clients, we will gladly check out any mandates you may have been asked to sign to make sure that you are adequately protected and that a proper marketing plan is in place. This service is free of charge as long as we’re nominated as your conveyancers on the sale of your property. Click here to read more on mandates and download sample mandates.
Carefully scrutinise any offers to purchase before you commit yourself. Again, as part of our ongoing service, we will peruse any offers to purchase you receive to ensure that you are adequately protected. We will make changes to the agreement that are necessary to protect you, but to also avoid any delays with the registration of property transfer. Again, this is at no charge to you, as the purchaser will be paying our fees upon transfer of your property.
BUYERS - Keys to the Purchase and Finance of a Property
Establish a relationship with a reputable estate agency or agent in the area – most agencies have a large selection of properties on their books. AMC Hunter Inc can direct you to the top performing agents within your area.
Pricing - make sure that you do not go in with an offer that is too high or too low. At AMC Hunter Inc we can also assist with a market assessment of the property.
Finance - the banks will only lend you money to buy a property where you are able to put down a deposit on a property you can afford. We deal with all the major banks, so we know and understand their lending criteria. We can also put you in touch with reputable bond originators who will be able to give you a good idea of the bond you will qualify for before you submit any offers to purchase. For a rough idea of what you can afford - click here to use our bond repayments calculator.
Conveyancing process made simple
- Nominated conveyancers receive the sale document and call for title deeds from current bondholder (bank).
- Current bondholder advises transferring attorneys of amounts required to settle the existing loan and instructs their own conveyancers to attend to cancellation of existing mortgage bond.
- New bondholder (bank) instructs their conveyancers to attend to the registration of a new mortgage bond.
- Conveyancers draw up necessary documentation. Purchaser signs 2 sets of documents (transfer and bond). Seller signs 1 set of documents (transfer).
- Purchaser pays deposit and proforma conveyancing costs.
- Guarantees are issued by the conveyancers of new bondholder to settle balance outstanding on seller’s loan, and for payment of balance of available funds to the transferring attorney’s trust account for distribution on registration.
- Current bondholder signs consent to “cancellation of bond” upon receipt of guarantees.
- Municipal rates or levies and transfer duty are paid by transferring attorneys. Insurance certificate costs and bank initiation fees are paid by bond attorneys.
- All conveyancers to the transaction (transfer, bond, cancellation) collaborate and lodge documents simultaneously in the Deeds Office.
- Registration of transfer. Final accounting done by transferring attorneys and proceeds of sale paid to seller, loans settled, commissions paid to estate agent, costs paid to electrician and entomologist.
Interest is the cost of borrowing money from a bank, and the rate is usually expressed as an annual percentage of the amount borrowed. The standard interest rate is currently 8.50%. This is what a person would pay for a home loan over a year although each bank may loan money at a rate above or below this base rate.
Click here to calculate the interest on your home loan.